Monday, July 21, 2008

Plugged Up.

Ever since Parker started eating "real" food, he has been pooping only 1-2 times a week. I called his nurse line to see if I should be worried, and they told me to start giving him prunes and apple juice. I did.... to no avail. So then, a few weeks ago, Parker started throwing up every time he pooped. He didn't get upset when it happened, but naturally, it was very concerning to me. We went to the doctor on Friday and they said some babies just take longer to adjust to digesting food, and prescribed Miralax once daily in his juice. 4 days later, we're still waiting for a result. There's nothing worse than feeling like there could be something wrong with your darling baby.

I've been stressed and high strung lately already, for a variety of reasons: job changes for Chris, travel, company, Chris traveling, my job demands, etc., and worrying about Parker and his health coupled with the sleep loss that is coming along with his tummy aches has put me in a funk. I feel exhausted and emotional. Hopefully it is just today that it is really getting to me and it will pass. I think a good cry might also be in order. I'm heading up on a couple of the busiest work weeks I have all year where I will be working 8+ days in a row. Thinking about it makes my blood pressure go up, but after those days are over I will be able to relax and recoup a little.

I would feel so much better if I could just go on a walk a few days a week, which is something I love to do and is great at improving my perspective, but it has been so $&*#*@ hot here lately I would die of a heat stroke if I tried to walk, let alone taking Parker along with me in his stroller. Bah! Ok, Thanks for listening to my rant. I (obviously) am having an off day and appreciate those of you who care to read my ramblings. :)

Don't worry... I'll be better tomorrow. :)

Love,
Looney Laura

1 comment:

Erica said...

Hey Laura,

I'm always up for a walk if you want a buddy. It's not too bad if you go later in the evening. Maybe we could go one night after you put the peanut to bed!