Wednesday, July 2, 2008

So Much News!!!

Well, I have 9 minutes before I need to head over to pick up Peanut, so I'll see how efficiently I can cram all of our news into one quick blog. My trip to Oregon was fun, fast, not particularly relaxing, but worth the while. Parker did quite well on the plane minus a few little outbursts because of hurty ears, but to mommy it felt like we were on the plane for about 30 hours instead of 6. We got into Portland around 11 pm on Tuesday and spent the next day visiting with family, shopping, and driving. On Wednesday we got the VERY EXCITING NEWS that Chris had been offered a job at Cartoon Network, which he happily accepted. As he said over the phone "That was great: I got a three week vacation, a three thousand dollar raise, and a job I like better!" Not too shabby!

On Friday my parents, peanut and I went to the Roseburg Arts Festival and chatted with some local artists that my parents know from the community. That was fun since I have been going to that event since I was Parker's age! I bought a couple of pretty photographs to bring home.

On Saturday we had a party for some of our family friends to come over and meet Parker. He met Jan and Dick, Virginia (our neighbor), Francis Sohn, Manya, Judy, and got to see auntie Leah again. That night we went out to eat with the Mullers (Leah's fam) at my favorite Chinese resteraunt. Yummy!

Uh oh.... two minutes to go.... Ok- So we drove up early Sunday, saw Aunt Kathy, uncle Paul, and my cousin Kristin and her husband Mark and their two cute kiddos, Cassie and Luke. Then we headed over to Auntie April's house and visited with her and Auntie Fletcher for a few hours. We had a nice dinner with my folks and the aunties and the next morning were back on the plane! Whew. I think that's about it.
Gotta run!

Love,
L

2 comments:

Jessa said...

I kept checking all week to see if there were any Oregon updates! Glad to hear that the trip was good. I traveled to Phoenix to see Brittany and Brianna; Brianna just had her second baby about 2 weeks ago. I bet traveling with baby is tough, but you did it! Congrats about Chris' job too. SO great :)

Mandi said...

Wow, definitely sounds like a busy trip! Travelling is never easy with a baby! I can't even imagine a plane trip...so great job! Hope you guys are all rested now :)