Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Rabbit Teeth

I had my dentist's appointment today and it was horrifying. I was there for 3 hours having chunks of old crown sawed/drilled/yanked off, sitting around looking like a gremlin with pointy little tooth nubs, and then getting "temporaries" installed. I think a better word would be gigantic glowing bunny teeth. I look like $&#*@* Rodger Rabbit, and of course, I have a wedding to attend this weekend where I will see a bunch of people I know. I feel like crying. To make matters worse, I can't even touch the rest of my teeth together, so I guess chewing is out of the question for the next 2 weeks as well. At least I will by a skinny rabbit. :(

This past week Chris and I took a few days off of work to go up to North Carolina. Chris was supposed to go on a big fishing trip off the coast, but it got cancelled because of Hurricane Ike. We had a lot of fun anyway spending time with Grammy, Mima, Papa, Andy, Anna, and Chris' cousin Joyce and her two kids. All was well until Chris pointed out the one of the tires on our little Subaru was completely bare. I guess the alignment was off very badly and ruined the tires. All of them. We got stuck in South Carolina on Sunday night and had to drive back on Monday, when Chris and I were both supposed to be back at work. 4 new tires and a newly aligned car later, we finally made it back home. Whew! The trip was so much fun, but it's too bad it had to end on such an annoying note.

Needless to say, my nerves are kind of fried. I'll write a nicer post later in the week to tell you all about the wonderful things Peanut is doing these days. For now, I'm going to hop-hop-hop out the door before anyone else sees me.

Laura Longtooth

No comments: