Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Back from the dead...

Well, the Nicholson family has finally recovered from THE WORST STOMACH VIRUS EVER. My boss was home for a few days with it last week, where Parker picked it up, and in turn gave it to me and Chris. I will spare you all the gory details, but let me just tell you I would rather go through labor and delivery again than re-live the past 5 days. The bug caused Chris to cancel on his own birthday party, me to miss my own recruitment event at work, and for Parker and I to miss Christi's baby shower. Even worse, Chris had two friends visiting from Seattle who had to bear witness to the nastiness that was taking place and had nowhere to escape to! Sorry guys! Seriously bad timing!!!

Now that we're all back from the dead, Parker and I are going to celebrate by going to meet the Easter Bunny!!! Luck has it that the big EB is taking a break from preparing Easter baskets to make a visit to our campus. He will be hosting an egg hunt for all the little people at the campus Child Development Center (and Parker)! It looks like it is going to be a beautiful day and I can't wait to see my little guy's face when he sees all the other little ones, lots of bright eggs, and, of course, a six foot bunny waving at him.

Parker is talking up a storm these days and knows more than 75 words, which really blows my mind. He's starting to string words together more as well. He's such a smartie! I'm determined to put in some work this weekend figuring out how to get the video clips of him doing cute stuff out of the video camera and into my computer. I am so pathetically low(no)-tech, but I'll do my best to figure it out. Sharing his horse whinny with you alone would make it worth my while. Prepare for hilarity!

For Easter this weekend we are meeting up with some of my family members here in Atlanta. My Dad's cousin's son recently bought a house here and is hosting a little get together. We will see Uncle Paul, Aunt Kathy, Cousin Jake, Second Cousins Helen and George, and their kids who I haven't met yet. It should be fun! I certainly never imagined I would be attending a family reunion in Atlanta- who knew!

Well, back to work for me. I hope you all have a fun and relaxing Easter weekend. Brooke, if you're reading this, I hope your sweet baby Audrey will arrive in time to enjoy Easter 2009 with you! We can't wait to meet her!

Hoppy Wednesday,
Laura

2 comments:

Brooke Burt said...

I'm so glad you guys are recovered!! It should be fun today to see what Parker's reaction is to the Easter Bunny! Um, let's just say that Ella's 1st experience was a scare-fest for her and a laugh-fest for us. I know, we are so mean. And I hope and pray you're right about my little one! If only!:)

tessa said...

Glad to hear you guys are feeling better.

Hope the Easter Bunny was fun for Parker.