Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hello my name is Par Par.

This weekend Parker started referring to himself by name. If you point to him and say "Who is this?" he points to his chest and says "Par Par." It is the sweetest thing you can imagine. He has also recently started saying "thank you" "I did it" "Go, Dog, Go!" and "there it is." He can also (sometimes) count to three. All this and he's not even a year and a half old! I can't believe how smart my little guy is.

We will be celebrating Parker's half-birthday in San Francisco in a couple of weeks! I can't remember... did I already blog about this? I'm going to a conference and Chris and Parker are coming along for fun! Chris also lined up a DJ gig that will more than pay for his plane ticket, so we get a free mini-vacation! Yay! I love San Fran and can't wait to eat some sourdough bread, sushi, and Thai food! Yummmmmmm. The conference hotel is the San Fran Hyatt, which I hear is really nice. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the flight, but we'll manage.

Easter was a lot of fun. We met up with some of my family members who were in town and went on a grand easter egg hunt. Parker thought this was the best thing ever! He has also discovered a new favorite treat- Peeps. He likes them so much he took a package of Peeps and hid in our walk-in closet where he proceeded to unwrap them all by himself. We caught him before he was able to stuff the 6 marshmallow "Birds" into his mouth, which was very upsetting to him. He followed us around mournfully sobbing "no, no, biiirds, no, no, biiirds." Don't worry- we gave him one for dessert an hour later. :)

As far as I know I don't have any plans this coming weekend, which is very exciting to me. I would love to have a couple of days to fiddle around in the yard and get the house in order, take Par Par to the Park, and then relax with a good book.

Have a great week!

-L

1 comment:

Brooke Burt said...

I love the story about the Peeps! That is the cutest thing ever! He is such a witty little guy:).