Thursday, November 8, 2007

Happiest days of my life...

Here I am! Sorry to have left you hanging for a week, but I have been at home with the fam without internet access. We just got "connected" at the house today, so I can blog to my heart's content. :)

Let's see...how can I even begin to describe my first week of motherhood? I am so crazy in love with this tiny little boy it takes my breath away. He is one mellow little guy and an awesome snuggler. Parker only cries when he needs a new diaper, and kind of grunts when he's hungry. Aside from that, he sits back and takes it all in. (When he's not sleeping, of course.) Physically, I feel great. I cannot believe how elastic the human body is. I've gone for 2 mile walks with my dad every day since I've been home and my energy is good. It is already hard to remember how it felt to be pregnant. Even though I feed Parker every 3 hours through the nite, I don't feel sleep deprived (any more than I have for the past 9 months...lol). I even have a pair of jeans I can fit into!

I have had a few post-partum emotional moments, which are normal, but frustrating all the same. We went out to dinner wth my parents when they came into town and brought Parker along wth us. The whole time we were there I felt massive anxiety...about nothing really. I just felt kind of like I was about to have a panic attack and like I wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. I sat there and told myself I was just experiencing some hormonal shifts and was able to make it through dinner, but I was hugely relieved when we were able to leave. I still feel a little nervous about taking Parker anywhere, but I'm sure that will pass. I've also had some random crying moments over strange things like a song, or a movie. It kind of feels like PMS a few times over. Chris has noticed and has been really sweet and supportive. Luckily, these feelings have only been fleeting and I always go right back to being happy and delighted to be a mom.

We can't really tell yet who Parker is going to look like. I think he's a good mix of both of us. Tonight when we download our pictures to the computer I will post a few so you can check out the cuteness!! It looks like he will have brown eyes (they are still changing) and has a beautiful olive complexion. I think his eye shape might be a little more like mine, but it is hard to say. My mom thinks he is going to look just like Chris, and Chris thinks he looks more like me. Who knows. To me he just looks like the most perfect little person I've ever seen. (A totally unbiased opinion, of course. :) )

Well, I will write a little more later when I post those pics. For now, I have some cuddle time to catch up on.

xoxox- Laura

2 comments:

Sarah Strass said...

I saw a picture of Paker on one of Chris' myspace bulletins and he is gorgeous! It's only one picture but I think he looks like you! Love Strass

tessa said...

Ahh, he's gorgeous! You have a baby! Congratulations, again. I'm so very happy for you, and Chris, and Parker.