Wednesday, November 21, 2007

So much to be thankful for!

Finally... another update! It seems my free time is a little sparce right now even though I'm home all day! The Peanut is growing like a weed and weighs almost 8 lbs now. He is hungry All the time, so mom is finding it a little hard to get anything done! :)

We have been blessed to have lots of help so far. Chris' mom, Beth has spent a good deal of time with us and has helped me figure out how to get out of the house with the baby. My mom and dad also spent a week with us and got lots of good cuddle time in with their first grand baby. Grandpa even played the banjo for our little guy!!! :) He is one loved little fellow!!!! We all wish the grandparents lived closer so we could see them more.

We have also had many friends come by to spend time meeting Parker. He is already very popular. :) My friend Brooke came down from Gainesville and Parker really enjoyed her visit. I think she may be his first crush... I have never seen him stare at anyone so intensely!!! He was wide awake for her the whole time she was here!

As Parker has gotten bigger and stronger, he has also started to be awake more and express himself more. And when he's awake, he likes to be entertained. When he's no eating, Parker's favorite activities include listening to mom try and sing every little kid song she can think of, rocking in the rocking chair, playing with his musical toys, and lying on Dad's chest. I think we may have a little musician on our hands!

Chris and I went out for our first post-pregnancy date last week, which was so much fun! We were out for a couple of hours at a nice restaurant while Chris' mom and her friend, Bev, watched Parker. We had great conversation and great food. It was so sweet of them to send us out for some couple time! Parker slept the whole time... he didn't even notice we were gone!

On a personal note, I have been feeling very good. No more random crying, thank goodness! But for now, I cannot type with one hand any longer and Parker is telling me he is bored and tired of being ignored. Sorry, sorry!

love from all of us!

No comments: