Monday, April 7, 2008

Daddy's Big 3-0!

A year ago last Wednesday, Chris and I were going to bed the night before his birthday. I asked him "Well, how does it feel to be turning 29 tomorrow?" He said, "It feels fine. You know, I guess I always imagined that I would have a child by the time I was 30." We turned off the light, and, once again, I had a horrible time sleeping and woke up the next day dizzy. "I think I'm going to go to the doctor today," I said (after wishing Chris happy birthday, of course). As you know, that was the day we found out Parker was on his way!

Just look at us a year later. I cannot even come close to imagining my life without our wonderful baby boy. He has added so much joy, energy, laughter, and sparkle to our lives. It really is a miracle how much this year has changed our lives. We get to wake up and fall in love with our baby all over again every day.

We celebrated Chris' birthday for a few days. On Thursday we went out to eat at one of our favorite resteraunts, Feast. We had a wonderful time and Parker was so good while we sat and ate even though it was a little past his bedtime (7:30). We ran into an old friend of Chris' who he hadn't seen for a couple of years, only to find out that he and his wife have moved into the same area we live in and have a baby girl, Harper, who was born 13 days before Parker! They are the nicest couple and we are going to make plans to see them soon.

On Friday, Chris, Parker and I all drove to Brenau, where I had an appointment to tour a family around the school. Chris finally got to meet Deborah, Emma, Robert, and Tim and spent a little time with them while I was working. Then we got on the road to North Carolina. Unfortunately, we hit the worst traffic ever, which added about an hour and a half to our drive, but once we were there we had a great weekend. We spent time with Chris' mom, dad, and grammy on Friday and Saturday morning, then headed to Anna and Andy's house on Saturday where we stayed until Sunday. Beth, Grammy and I even got to go out to a department store on Saturday and got some really cute new clothes and toys for Peanut. At A & A's house, we had a wonderful steak dinner and birthday cake! On Sunday we stopped back by Chris' family's house and went to eat lunch with them, took a nap, and then got on the road. We made it home just after 9 pm.

It was great to be home, except for the fact that Marvin had gotten sick while we were away and pooped ALL over our bedroom. I spent about an hour scrubbing the carpet before we went to bed. GROSS!!! Poor little kitty. Anyway, I got a reasonably good night's sleep and am back at work. We had such a nice time with our family and friends this weekend, but I'm looking forward to having a weekend someday in the future when I can sit around in my PJ's and really relax. But for now, onward and upward.

Luv,
Laura

No comments: