Thursday, April 17, 2008

Yummmmmm....Peas!

I just realized I forgot to mention that Parker started eating rice cereal a couple of weeks ago, which he loved, and this week he got to try his first real food... PEAS! I went to Whole Foods and got a bunch of organic baby foods for him to try. My book said to start with a vegetable, so he wouldn't get hooked on the sweet stuff right away (bananas, apples, etc.) and reject other stuff. Parker LOVED his peas!!! I couldn't shovel them in fast enough and he was grabbing the spoon and smearing peas all over the place. It was hilarious!

I had planned on waiting until Parker was 6 months old to introduce any foods like my breast feeding book suggests (yes, I'm still doing it and proud of it!), but Parker was getting hungrier and hungrier between feedings, reaching for our food, and is sprouting a tooth, which were all signs that it was a good time to go ahead and let him start trying some of the good stuff. Besides, he will be six months in two weeks (how is that possible!), so we weren't far off of the recommended time line. We introduce one food per week, so I'm excited to see what he thinks about sweet potatoes next week! Wahoo!

Chris is leaving tomorrow for yet another trip. This time to San Francisco where he will dj at a huge club that holds 2,000 people. I'm so jealous that he gets to go out to the West Coast without us. :( We will miss Daddy tons while he is gone, but Parker and I will enjoy having a relaxed weekend at home, with no company, and no big plans. Ahhhhhh.

In two weeks Gramma and Granpa Richert will be visiting from Oregon! Yippee! The last time they saw Parker was the first week of January, so they are in for a real surprise when they see their little grand-peanut. I'm so looking forward to spending time with Mom, going for daily walks with Dad, and having some nice family time all together. I have scheduled a 6-month photo shoot with a photographer here in Gainesville for that weekend so we can get some great Parker pics, and a few family shots.

Ok- I've got a phone interview to conduct in a moment, but wanted to update you on our latest adventures with food.

Love and Whirrled Peas,

Laura

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Yaaay for Parker and the peas! I can't wait to give Kaleo rice cereal. I've been thinking squash for his first real food.