Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Girls just want to have fun!

You will never guess what I ended up doing last night. Yesterday afternoon my friend, Christi, called me and said "I have a surprise for you." She had gotten her hands on some tickets to see Cindy Lauper at this neat little Ampitheater in Atlanta, and invited me to join her! I picked up Parker a little early, dropped him off with Daddy, and flew to the concert venue. The concert was part of the "True Colors Tour" which, obviously, is geared around the gay community (which is HUGE in Atlanta). It was quite a lively and interesting croud, and we had so much fun dancing and listening to great '80s music. The B-52's played, Cindy Lauper played, and Rosie O'Donnel and that guy Carson from Queer Eye For the Straight Guy did some stand up, which really was funny. Chastain Ampitheatre is a really cool venue b/c you get seats and a table, so you can bring a picnic to eat while you watch the show. Christi, MaryBeth and I had some great food to nibble and shared a bottle of wine. I was really overdue for a fun, stress-free girls night, and I feel so rejuvinated today even though I didn't get a lot of sleep. Fun times! :)

3 comments:

Jessa said...

oooh! sounds fun! glad to hear you were able to have some laura-time :)

Mandi said...

Cindy Lauper?! That's awesome!!! Hope you're having a good week :)

tessa said...

cindy lauper was my personal hero when i was like 4. i'm totally jealous. that's awesome that she's still rocking and you got to see her!