Thursday, June 12, 2008

Oregon bound!


I just realized that in all of the hustle and bustle of the past few weeks I never mentioned that I will be coming home to Oregon for a week this month. Parker and I are flying to Portland on June 24th and will fly back to ATL on the 30th. We will be spending the week in the Burg with Gramma and Granpa, enjoying some rest and relaxation. I'm a little nervous about flying that far with the Peanut all by myself, but I'm sure he'll be a trooper.

I was just thinking back to what I was doing a year ago, and realized that I made a trip to Oregon at almost the exact same time to attend my baby shower. My friend Tessa must have read my mind, because today she sent me this picture that she took at the shower. I looked at this picture and could not believe that just a year ago I was not yet truly a mother, and today it is so much of who I am. Amazing how a year (even a moment) can change us.

I don't have any more updates about our many complicated scenarios, but will keep you posted. Keep sending those good thoughts our way!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Wow that totally made my day clicking on your blog and seeing you three cute girls! Makes me miss the good old days. Isn't it crazy how you become like a totally different person after having a baby! It's amazing! Hope the trip goes well!

tessa said...

man time does fly. i guess i hadn't realized it had actually been a year.

have a great trip to oregon! (i'm jealous.)