Monday, October 20, 2008

Sorry... I fell off the Blog Wagon!

Life has been really busy lately, and blogging fell off my list for a few weeks. Sorry for the lapse of information! :) We are all alive and kicking! In fact, a very special little Peanut is about to have his very first birthday party!!! In spite of the fact that I am having a bit of a personal crisis over the realization that my tiny baby boy is already a whole year old, we are throwing him a costume party at the house and have invited family and friends to come help us celebrate. To those of you who live far away, we will miss you and wish you could join us!

Chris, Parker and I are going to be a band of pirates, Grandma is going to be a French painter (as she will be painting faces), Grandpa is going to be a German Band man, and Mima and Papa have a funny surprise costume. We'll have games, food, and of course, a cake for Peanut to eat/play with/dive into or whatever he should choose to do with it. I have a lot of planning and orchestration to accomplish between now and then, but we'll pull it off somehow.

I finished my first online class last week with a 92%. Not too shabby! I start my next class this Wednesday. I wish I had a little more time to gather my thoughts before I start class #2, but I should survive. I've been in a little funk the past couple of weeks because I have so many commitments and not a lot of time to just relax. It scares me because I think that is just how life is going to be from here on out. I will always be a little overwhelmed, a little under-rested, and feel a little like a chicken with my head cut off. It's this crazy thing we call life!

Parker has become such a little boy. He is so expressive, funny, adventurous, and sweet. What a lucky Mom I am. I just hope I don't blink and realize he's graduating high school. The pace of this whole thing is really scary, and frankly, a little sad. I'm so happy for Parker that he is learning and growing and developing, but I will miss that sweet little bundle that I brought home from the hospital what feels like days ago. Sigh... (Ok- I'm actually getting teary, so I better get to work).

Love,
Laura

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

They grow so fast it's crazy. Allie will be 3 in December which just seems unbelievable. Parker sure is lucky to have such a great mom!

Jessa said...

Glad to see that you're back, mama! Wish we could be there to enjoy in the Parker-birthday festivities, but we're there in spirit! Send your 'rents my love :)