Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year!

Seeing that today is the Chinese New Year, I think it is a great one to take another crack at my new years resolutions. In China, today is the day to give your house a thorough cleaning and sweep out the dirt from the previous year and start the new year fresh and clean. Coincidentally, today is also the day I turned in my company car (out with the old), and will be riding home in our new 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe (in with the new!)! Hooray! I purchased the car on Saturday while Chris was in California and surprised him by picking him up in it at the airport last night! What fun! The Santa Fe is just what I had been looking for and I found a great barely used one at a great price. It sure made parting with the Honda easier to know that I had a great replacement. (...just realized I've used the word great about 10 times in this post so far. Great.) It's kind of funny, actually- It dawned on me that my first car was a 1988 model, my second was a 1998 model, and now my third is a 2008! I guess the universe was telling me it was time for a new car!

Now that that ordeal is over and done with, I can relax a little and enjoy my new car and my free evenings and weekends!

No comments: