Thursday, January 22, 2009

One LOUSY week.

Well, they say bad news always comes in threes, and this week that has definitely been the case. Yesterday was crap from start to finish. First we got the alarming and very sad news that the father of one of our students committed suicide yesterday morning. We spent the rest of the day offering support to students as a very somber hush fell over the school. Yesterday evening, after a grueling 2 hour drive home, Leah called me to tell me that she needed to cancel her trip to Atlanta at the last minute (she would have arrived this evening) because a dear friend of hers is in the hospital in critical condition. I was so very much looking forward to spending the weekend with my dearest friend, but feel much worse that she may lose a friend.
This morning, I FINALLY heard back about the company car, and the news is "Sorry, but we're turning it in next week." This means I have 4 days to find transportation, get a car loan, and buy a car so I can get to and from work next week. How's that for courtesy.

The good news is that despite my aggravation, I actually feel thankful today. I feel thankful that the people I love are healthy and safe, that I have a loving family, and that I am employed in a job I enjoy, despite obvious inconveniences. This week's events have really given me a reminder to have perspective, and to know how blessed I am in the things I have been provided.

So, now I'm going to try to enjoy car shopping as much as possible. At least "now is the time to buy!" Sigh....

More later.

-L

1 comment:

tessa said...

sorry to hear about your week...that really does sound lousy.

i'll be keeping leah and her friend in my thoughts.

and have fun car shopping. just be sure that you don't settle for something, get something you'll enjoy being in...especially since you have such a long commute. good luck :)