Wednesday, August 29, 2007

30 weeks at last!

Here I am at week 30 out of 40 already! I can hardly believe how fast this whole thing has flown by! Parker has been wiggling around like crazy, practicing karate, and dancing to the Baby Bethoven CD one of my friends at work gave me to play for him. My Atlanta baby shower is this coming weekend which I am really excited about, and then a week from today, Mom will be here- hooray! I'm sure the next 8-10 weeks are going to fly by before I know it. I feel both ready to meet the peanut, and totally unprepared at the same time. I think first-time parenthood is something you can never really be fully prepared for though. We've got a place for Parker to sleep, diapers for his little bum, and lots of love to give him, so hopefully the rest will fall into place.

I've been feeling good the last couple of weeks, and haven't had any major aches or pains. I'm feeling more and more off-balance and sort of like I'm teetering around on most days. I was reading in one of my books that in 4-5 weeks when Parker begins to "drop" down towards the birth canal is when I'll really start to waddle like I have a watermelon between my legs...oh joy! But at least at that time I really will be almost there!

I don't really feel scared or anxious about childbirth- I figure women have been doing it for quite a while now, so it mustn't be too complicated. :) I'm more worried about figuring out how to do everything there after!!! I'm sure we'll do just fine... he won't remember his first couple of weeks while we're learning anyway, right? :)

P.S.- I thought it would be fun if you guys each guessed what day Parker will be born- I'll have to think of a fun prize for the person who guesses the date closest to his birthday. Put your guess in the comment section- remember, the due date is November 6th...:)

1 comment:

Sarah Strass said...

I already messaged you my guess on Myspace, but it is November 10th. You make this all sound so easy! I hope you have a wonderful baby shower, wish I could be there.

XOXO Strass