Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Ahhh.. rested and much better!

I made the executive decision (after consultation with some work friends- thanks Brooke!)that the Orientation activities on Sunday could proceed without me, and stayed home and slept pretty much all day. It felt FABULOUS! I had a doctor's appointment on Monday to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes (they check everybody), signed a bunch of forms for the delivery, and then went and got a pedicure. I feel SO much better having relaxed for a couple of days and came back to work Tuesday feeling refreshed and rested. Got my test results yesterday, and I am healthy as always and so is little P.

We are finally going to put together the crib tonight which I am VERY excited about! I can't wait to see the nursery come together!!! My mom is coming in two weeks to hang out for a week and help me with preparations. I had really been missing her and Dad finally conceded to buying her a ticket even though they will be flying out again together on delivery day two months later. (Thanks, Dad!) This is just one of those times a girl needs some 'mom time.' :) I'm sure we'll have a blast hanging out, shopping, and fixing up the house for the arrival of our new family member! Yay!

I'm definitely feeling better this week, but continue to feel rather huge. I was just looking through some pics from my friend Christi's wedding and can't believe how big my cheeks look! Big belly, I'm ok with. Big anything else, not so much. Oh well, that's why I've got that fancy jogging stroller, right? Note: my pregnancy book told me now is the time to cut down on my exercise schedule. Got that covered and then some. LOL.

Ok- well have a lovely day. Week 30 here we come!

-L

No comments: