Monday, September 24, 2007

Eeek! I'm getting so excited!!!

With only 40 days to go until Parker's due date, I am getting SOOOOO excited to meet him! My friend Linds just had her little boy, Jonah, on September 20th, and he is sooo cute! Looking at her pictures from delivery day made me just giddy thinking about how our experience is going to be.

We have been watching birth-class videos, learning all about the signs of labor and the birth process, and Chris is learning how to be my supporter (and how to rub my back, feet, etc. to make me feel comfortable). :) Next week, we are going to take a tour of the labor/delivery building at the hospital so we can begin to get a beter feel for where we will be.

This is going to be an exciting week for me! Today, my friend Brooke and I are going to get pedicures and have a dinner date, then, on Wednesday our new mattress comes (hooray!), and then on Friday my friend Christi and I drive up to NC for the baby shower Chris' mom is throwing us. While Christi and I are at the shower, Chris and his buddies will also be in NC on a big fishing trip with his dad. They will be on a big fancy boat having a big 'ole time... he is sooooo excited!

Unless Parker decides to come early, I will work for 5 more weeks starting today before I take off for maternity leave. Depending on how I feel at the end there, it may only be 4 more weeks. I am terrified at the thought of going into labor while stuck in the middle of my 1.5 hour commute!

Ok, well, I must get back to work, but just wanted to share how superdy duper excited I am getting about meeting my baby boy. :)

xoxo- Big Mama

1 comment:

tessa said...

Pregnancy agrees with you; you look great! I'm so excited for you both.