Monday, October 15, 2007

The Final "Stretch"

Ugh...There is officialy no more room in my belly. My skin is as tight as a drum and I am sad to report I have actually developed a couple of small stretch marks over the past two weeks. Woe is me. :( This weekend is the first time I have felt truly fed up with being pregnant, which sounds horrible to say, but I am sore, fidgety, and uncomfortable...and ready to meet my baby! I know he's ready!!! Come out, Come out!!!

The wonderful news is that this is my last week of work before my maternity leave begins, so I won't have to squish myself into the car for almost 3 hours a day after this Friday. Rejoice! I am SOOOO looking forward to having some time to rest before Parker comes...mentally and physically. My 'Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy' book tells me that "general pissed-offness" is one of the pre-labor symptoms she and her friends have all agreed upon, and I do believe I have moved into that phase. Or maybe it's just Monday morning and I hardly slept last night...

All gripes aside, I really can't express how excited I am that we are reaching the end of our long wait to meet our little boy. I know that upon looking down at him for the first time, all memories of aches, pains, and discomforts will be erased and replaced with even more love than we previously knew to be possible. I have no way to wrap my mind around the many ways my life is about to change, but I know it is going to be huge, wonderful, challenging, terrifying, and incredible all at once. I'm ready to make the plunge. :)

1 comment: