Monday, October 8, 2007

Ok...I'm ready!

Pregnancy has been fun and interesting and all, but I'm feeling ready to be done with this part and move on to the good stuff (meeting baby, late nights, diapers, etc.)! I've definitely got the huge pregnant lady waddle going on, and am at least a little uncomfortable most of the time now. I've been having lots of Braxton Hicks contractions (painless uterus contractions preparing body for labor)and can tell Parker is sitting lower in my body than he was a couple of weeks ago.

I had my doc's appointment today and my weight has stabilized, which is a good thing, and I am 1-2 cm dialated and my cervix has begun to thin. This doesn't mean I'm going to go into labor at any second, but it means things are moving in the right direction. My due date is 3.5 weeks away, but I'm feeling like we might go a little earlier than that. Who knows. I can tell you I am seriously looking forward to rolling over onto my belly for the first time in 4-5 months!!! Oh the things we take for granted!

I had an episode this weekend where I was freaking out that I might go into labor at any second and the house was a wreck. I was afraid that we would have to bring Parker home to a dirty house and he would have a bad impression of his new family. I went on a mad cleaning spree and made Chris join in. We vaccumed, swept, scrubbed the furniture, did laundry, packed hospital bags, and assembled the last piece of nursery furniture. On Sunday, we (Chris) mowed the lawn, trimmed the hedges, and went grocery shopping. Ahhh. Now we are set for Parker's arrival and I can breathe easy (figuratively). *I believe this is called the 'nesting' instinct.

I've got pretty much everything tied up at work as well, so I feel comfortable that when the time comes, I can grab my bags and be ready to go. Now all there is to do is count the days....

26...

2 comments:

Jessa said...

oh yay! yeah, sounds like some SERIOUS nesting ;) aren't things like that funny? i'm SO excited for you to meet Parker and to be able to sleep on your belly again (i don't know what i'd do if i couldn't?!). will your mom come down again when you have the baby? i wish i was closer so i could come practice playing mommy for you, chris and parker! xoxo. **oh, and in response to your question about my "baby sister" - when i told maureen about that she about died; she had no recollection of such a birth ;)

Mandi said...

So funny you mention the "nesting" thing cuz I just got done reading about that. I think it'll be a good phase for me to go through because I have been lazier than EVER these last few weeks. All I want to do is eat and sleep and there is so much to do! I totally hear you about wanting to lay on your stomach. I keep waking up in the middle of the night lying flat on my back instead of my side which always freaks me out. I'm so excited for you...any time now!!!! Woo hoooooo!