Monday, October 1, 2007

Fun in North Carolina



The family baby shower this weekend at Chris' parents house was so much fun! My friend Christi and I drove up on Friday and stayed through Sunday morning. Many of Chris' family members came to celebrate...aunts, uncles, cousins, nephews, and lots of good friends. We brought home quite a haul of wonderful gifts as you can see in the picture. We played a couple of fun games, ate cake, and visited. It was a very enjoyable and relaxing weekend.

Today I went to the doctor for a check-up, and found out I have actually lost 2 pounds over the past month! I'm sure it is because I was so sick a couple of weeks ago. Parker is still growing by leaps and bounds (He's about 6 pounds now!) and has begun to drop down in preparation for birth. Lucky for us, he is head down and in the proper position for a normal delivery in just a matter of weeks. I'm 35 weeks now, so he could come as soon as a couple of weeks from now! (wishful thinking...). :)

Above is a picture of me from Saturday...what a belly!

Love,
Laura

1 comment:

Sarah Strass said...

I can't believe it's almost time. He sounds like he's going to be a big boy! 6 pounds already...he does have a big daddy.

Love you!