Thursday, October 25, 2007

Tic, Tic, Tic...

Well, believe it or not I'm bored of being home already, so little Parker Peanut better hurry up and get here! I had some good news at the doctors on Tuesday- I'm 50% effaced (my cervix has thinned out 50%), which means my body is getting ready to push that little guy out!!! I've also had a few other pre-labor signs going on this week, but I'll spare you those details. Keep your fingers crossed that he chooses to make an early appearance!

I haven't been on a computer since last Friday, which feels pretty strange. I'm at Chris' desk at work right now after meeting him for a quick lunch date and thought I'd write a quick update for those of you who are curious about our progress. Things are going well and the little one is growing and growing. I'm not sleeping...at all really...but have developed the miraculous ability to function pretty normally anyway. Even if I sleep in 2 hour blocks when Parker comes it will be an improvement. Sigh. I find myself awake and thinking about random things like the fact that I should buy a slip cover for the couch, or wondering what type of music will be popular when Parker is a teenager, or imagining all the weird scenarios in which my water could break. Certainly nothing worth losing sleep over!

The only other noteworthy occurance of the week is that, as of today, Parker's astrological sign will officially be a Scorpio. Today is the cut off between Libra and Scorpio, so that settles it. This seems to concern my mom, but I'm sure there are plenty of perfectly nice scorpios out there. LOL. I think the only one I know is my friend Brooke, and she's pretty swell, so I'm not worried. :)

Well, outside of feeling maxed out on space, I don't have much else to update ya'll on. My parents are flying in a week from Saturday, so that should be good. Chris' mom is coming whenever we give her the word. I can't tell you how excited I am to make the first phone call saying "this is it!". I play the moment over and over in my mind.

Still counting...8....

1 comment:

tessa said...

Hope you've found something to occupy your time. Don't worry, soon you'll be completely unbored with a tiny little bundle of joy.

I'm so excited for you :)