Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Back into the swing of things

My first week of work went wonderfully. I was so busy planning for new student orientation and enrolling last minute students that the days flew by, and I can already tell that Parker is enjoying his time with Deborah. Her daughter comes home every day and plays with him and reads to him. She even makes him little construction paper animals as gifts and writes on the back "To: Parker From: Emma." It is absolutely adorable. She is also the smartest little 8 year old I have ever encountered, so she will be great at helping Parker learn all sorts of things. Yay!

My weekend was very laid back. On Friday night my friend Kelsey came over and we ate some dinner, drank some wine, and caught up on how the holidays went. Saturday we pretty much lounged around in our p.j.'s and took it easy. Chris had to DJ, so he was out late, but we got to spend some time as a family on Sunday. We also went over to our friends Jake and Erica's house for some really yummy chili and cornbread and football which was a lot of fun.

Monday it was back to work, but I've enjoyed seeing my work friends and feeling productive so much that I didn't even mind. Today I definitely could have slept a few more hours, but once I was up out of bed I was fine. Nothing much else to report. I'm feeling good and enjoying having some structure back to my days.

xoxo- Laura

No comments: