Monday, January 28, 2008

Hallelujah!

The car seat is out! Hooray! Hooray! My friend Christi's husband Scott somehow managed to pry the carseat out of the car. More fantastically, it is undamaged and functioning perfectly again! Huge sigh of relief! No, better, a huge cheer of celebration!!!

That was the start of our weekend, and we continued to have a nice, relaxing time. Parker and I went to two dinner parties this weekend, which is probably more social activity than I've seen in a long time! Parker was an absolute angel at both of them and everyone marveled at what a great baby he is. He was even cool as a cucumber when, on Friday night, we got locked out of the house and slept on my friend Jacy's couch until Chris was done DJing at 4:00 a.m. We just snuggled up and went right to sleep...no problemo!

Yesterday we went shopping at Trader Joe's and then came home and Parker hung out with Daddy for a while, had a bath, and we all went to bed at early. I'm actually feeling nice and rested today, which is the opposite of how I usually feel on Monday morning. I also used the pre-set on my coffee maker for the first time last night, so I woke up to a nice cup of fresh yummy coffee! Ah, the little joys in life.

Unfortunately, while I was having a relaxing weekend at home, things were going very very wrong up here at the academy. A couple of girls didn't come to check in at cerfew, and were later in a bad car accident and air lifted to the hospital. One of them had a lethal blood alcohol level and the other had multiple injuries. They are both kind of ok now...obviously not returning to school any time soon. So that is the big drama I came back to work to this morning. I can say I am so glad we have such a great head of school. He has a way of handeling things in such a composed, organized, and professional way that has prevented chaos from erupting in the aftermath of this incident. I am SO glad to be done with my teenage years... and even more terrified to be the mother of a teen in 13 years! How is anyone ever prepared for that????

Happy Monday...

Laura

No comments: