Friday, August 15, 2008

Half... Way... There...

My super long, exhausting, complicated, demanding, everlasting week is half way over, and I'm feeling good about that. Some of the student leaders I manage at work are back at school and preparing for the arrival of our new students tomorrow. Their energy and enthusiasm is helping me stay upbeat, despite having to work all weekend.

My dentist's appointment went ok. My tooth isn't too badly broken, but they said that because my crowns are 11 years old, it really is time to replace them. The good news is that they are going to look a lot better and more natural than they do now. The bad news is that insurance only covers 50%, and the remaining balance is $1,400. Ouch. At lease this is a once every 10-15 year deal. I'm looking forward to my new smile.

Parker is having a good week, and despite being very busy, I've still been able to spend a good bit of time with him. He is so much fun. I fall in love with him every day.

Chris has been really sweet and supportive this week, as he knows I have tons going on. Parker has been really "Daddy attached" lately, which I know makes him feel good. He has said "Dada" to Chris many times over the past few weeks, and really seems to know what he's saying. He also makes a sound that sounds a lot like "kitty kitty" when he sees the cat sometimes. So cute!

Ok- I've got to run over and visit P, but wanted to tell you that things are fine, and I haven't lost my mind yet. Actually, it's been fun having some of the students back in the building. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Love,
Laura

No comments: