Monday, August 11, 2008

Longest week ever...

Last week was pretty much crappy start to finish. Parker got a fever of 102 on Monday evening and I stayed home with the poor, miserable little guy on Tuesday. The doc said he probably just had a bug and to keep him hydrated. I went back to work Wednesday and had parents of students calling to complain about our new payment system, the raise in tution, lack of financial aid, etc. Since the economy is so bad, we're losing students whose families are reconsidering a $26,000 yearly investment in their daughter's high school education. This is no bueno in my department.

Friday was the only fun day of the week. We went to our friends Jacy and Jared's house to watch the Olympic opening ceremonies. Wow. It was amazing. We also ate our own version of Chinese food (Rachel Ray's chinese chicken meatballs and spaghetti) and pot stickers and egg rolls.

Saturday morning we went out to breakfast and in the middle of the meal I broke off part of one of my front teeth. I have had porcelain crowns on my front teeth since I broke them off in 4th grade. I may have to have them both replaced because they are nearly impossible to patch. Crud! Later that day I started to feel really bad, and ended up with the same high fever that Parker had earlier in the week. Now I have a super sore throat, and guess what?, this is the week I get to work all 7 days! Joy!

I'm now in survival mode... I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

The opening ceremonies were amazing huh!?! I had no idea about your front teeth! Just when you think you know someone... ;) Hope you guys start feeling better! Nothing worse than sick kids, except when you catch it and then can't take care of them as easily. Hang in there!

Jessa said...

Aww, poor chica! I'm sorry to hear about sick baby, sick mama and broken teeth. Too bad you live so far way, my mom works for a cosmetic dentist! Good juju for a good THIS week :)