Friday, August 22, 2008

I can see the light!

My hell week is nearly over, and of course I will finish it with a bang by working late into the evening tonight, and returning home at 10pm. Peanut will stay late at Deborah's house, and be entertained by Emma and the cats. Chris left this morning to New York city, where he will DJ all weekend. Lucky him! The good news is that I have been excused from having to work tomorrow, for which I am SO thankful! I think I may just lie on the carpet all weekend and let Parker use me as a jungle gym.

Peanut is doing great. He's not walking yet- still cruising around on the furniture and crawling after me wherever I go. So sweet. He has hit a really fun stage where he is very interactive and really funny. I think he is going to be a little clown. He's very into tweaking noses this week. He thinks it's really funny to pinch my nose and make me squeal. He's got 4 teeth now, and has the funniest little beaver smile. Love it.

Believe it or not, I bought my books to start my masters program next week. (Actually, the undergraduate pre-requisite marketing course I need to start my Masters, but whatever...). I started flipping through the pages of my $200 text book (gasp) last night, and actually got really excited about being back in school. I got that excited rush I used to get at the beginning of each school year, before the disenchantment sets in and you realize how much work you're in for. For now though, it feels good to be doing something just for me.

Hopefully my next post will be letting you know that I feel rested and rejuvinated after a relaxing weekend. :)

10 hours til the weekend...

2 comments:

tessa said...

i don't know how you do it all, woman. you are a one-person machine of production.

Unknown said...

move over wonder woman...its amazing laura to the rescue!!!!