Thursday, May 17, 2007

Second Doc's Appointment

Peanut and I had our second doctor's appointment yesterday, which went very well. He/she has a strong heartbeat and my blood pressure/weight, etc. was all right where it should be. Since it had been over 5 weeks since my last appointment, it was nice to have confirmation that the 'lil one is still doing well. It should be just a few weeks before I start to feel Peanut squirming around! How exciting!
My next appointment isn't until June 22nd, which is when they will do the ultrasound, but there is a chance I might get to find out sooner about the gender, so I'll keep you all posted. I can't wait to see baby on the big screen!

Chris and I celebrate our one year wedding anniversary this weekend! I cannot believe how quickly it has gone by, but at the same time it's hard to remember life before marriage. Pretty soon it will be hard to imagine life before baby! Chris has been a great support and is really excited to be a dad. He's even patient through my random mood swings and cravings. Last night he made me a burrito at 2 a.m. when I couldn't sleep and felt hungry. I'm one lucky lady. :)

Well, it's back to work for me today, but I hope you all have a great weekend. If you have a chance, toast our big day on Sunday with a glass of wine or a martini since I'll have to hold off until year two.

Miss you all! ~Laura

3 comments:

tessa said...

Happy Anniversary...wow, that flew by. Seems like just yesterday I was squeezing into that bridesmaid dress.

So what names have you guys been thinking about?

Sounds like things are great, so that's great. See ya in a month.

aprilade said...

Yahoo! Happy Anniversary! It seems like just yesterday we were chillin in the bunker watching Gilmore Girls on our one clear channel... and now even that show is over - all bad shows must come to an end... hee hee.

I'm so excited for you, Chris, the peanut, and your new adventures!

I'll definitely be there for the shower. Yee-haw, our girl is commin home!

Jessa said...

glad to hear everything is going well. i had a baby last night. wait, I didn't personally have the baby but one of my clients had her baby. no pain meds! happy, healthy, 5 pound baby Oliver. soon it'll be your turn! how exciting. congrats on the anniversary too! our one year is next month... hopefully something good will happen (like, i'll be signing Jessa Yang, hint, hint). xoxox.