Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Doc Visit and other updates

Our appointment on Friday went very well- little Parker's heart was beating nice and strong and I'll just say my weight gain was "sufficient". LOL. My back is starting to ache a bit when I stand or sit for too long at a time and I had my first experience with swelling hands and feet at the Braves game on Thursday. Sitting in the humidity for that long was not comfortable even though it was a really good game. I think that will be my last baseball game until Parker Peanut can come with us and actually see the game.

Parker is getting more and more active day by day. Last night Chris thought it would be funny to sneak up on me in the dark when I was coming back to bed from the bathroom. He jumped out at me and grabbed me and I screamed bloody murder and freaked out. I obviously scared Parker half to death because he was bouncing off the walls in there like he was trying to escape and head for the hills. Then I couldn't go to sleep because my adrenaline was pumping and the baby was moving around. I got my revenge by thrashing around so much in bed that Chris gave up and went to sleep in the guest room while I enjoyed having the bed to myself. Serves him right, the ornery booger!

I have just one more week before I enter the dreaded/highly anticipated 3rd trimester. I keep peeking ahead on the website I look at to give me weekly updates on what to expect/what Parker is up to that week: http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/calendar/week25. It shows pictures of pregnant women each week and I get more terrified as I see them get bigger and bigger! Yikes! I am still enjoying being pregnant, but can certainly imagine the relief of having my own body back one day. I just can't wait to see what he looks like and learn about his personality.

Ok- well, time to pack up and prepare for the long trek home.

Talk soon,
Laura

1 comment:

Mandi said...

I'm glad you listed that website! I've been using http://www.babycenter.com/mybabycenter/119.html to follow week-by-week. I like your site because it has all the baby bump pics! I can't believe you're already about to enter the 3rd Trimester...so exciting!