Monday, July 2, 2007

Happy Monday!

Hey Friends! Hope you've got fun plans for July 4th. I'm not sure what we're up to. Things here in ATL are good- we had a few thunder and lightning storms this week, which is always kind of exciting! I'm still feeling good and healthy and am growing like a weed.

I had a minor pregnant emotional moment last week when I ran into a woman I know from work who hadn't seen me for a couple of months. She walked up to me and asked me when I'm due. I told her the first week of November, and she exclaimed "November? Oh my gosh, you're huge!!! Are you having twins???". I said "um, no..." and she said, "Are you sure? You must just be one of those people who is going to get enormous, I mean, my goodness!". I didn't even know what to say. Um, gee, you look terrific too? Thanks for noticing how fat I've gotten? So I just told her I was in a hurry and walked away. Then of course I started crying.

Now, I've done my research online, and I can tell you I look pretty much just like any other person who is 6 months pregnant, but somehow that doesn't make me feel better. It's hard being pregnant because suddenly people feel like they can make comments about your body that they would never dream of making to a non-pregnant woman (I would hope). Let me tell you, although I am sooo excited about my dear little Parker, it's not easy watching your figure change so rapidly over a short period of time. I just had to remind myself that this is what a woman's body is made to do, and you know what? I think I look pretty darn good.

Well, anyhoo, that's my gripe for the week. Don't worry- I have since recovered and did not deny myself a piece of turtle cake this weekend when it came my way. :)

Love,
Laura

3 comments:

Jessa said...

people are SO RUDE! don't even worry about it chica. the only thing that has changed is that you're sustaining TWO people with your ONE body. what do people expect? bitches ;) so, where are your prego pics? i'm dying to see your parkerbump!

tessa said...

You look gorgeous!

Mandi said...

Women like that need to get beat! Pregos are supposed to get big...you'd be worried sick if you weren't gaining weight.